Exploring, Understanding and Integrating Installation Art in our Classrooms, Educator Workshop with Artist-in-Residence Diego Teo
Saturday, October 12th, 2013. Spencer Museum of Art.
Art Installation Resources (provided by Dr. Steven Duval, Postdoctoral Researcher, Spencer Museum of Art):
- "Installation Art 101" – PowerPoint
- "Installation Art 101" - Notes
- A video of Diego Teo’s presentation on his installation at the Spencer Art Museum, “Comanche is Dead,” is also available upon request. This is a wonderful resource for teachers looking for examples of Arts Integration and cross-curricular connections; Diego’s project uses art as a tool to re-examine U.S. historical events. Please, contact email@example.com to request this resource.
Educator Workshop on Global Environmental Concerns
Saturday, April 6th, 2013. The Commons, Spooner Hall, 1340 Jayhawk Blvd.
Reinvisioning Spanish Language Education: A Critical Pedagogical Approach, Professor Jennifer Leeman of George Mason University
Saturday, October 20, 2012. Alderson Auditorium, Kansas Union
Dia de los Muertos Educator Workshop presented by the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies, The Spencer Museum of Art, and the Watkins Community History Museum
Saturday, September 22, 2012. The Watkins Community Museum of History
Health in Latin America Symposium, hosted by the University of Kansas Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies
September 7th, 2012. The Big 12 Room of the Kansas Union
Peru and the Amazon, presented by the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies & the Spencer Museum of Art
Friday, June 22nd, 2012. Held in conjunction with the 39 Trails Exhibit at The Spencer Museum of Art
Teacher Reach-Out: Incorporating the African Diaspora in Latin America into your classroom and networking session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday, January 28th, 2012.
- Click here to download: African Diaspora Workshop Materials
Teacher Reach-Out: How to bring Paraguay into your classroom and networking session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday, October 15th, 2011.
- Click here to download: Paraguay Workshop Materials
Teacher Reach-Out: Cinco de Mayo Workshop and Networking Session: For K-12 Educators
Saturday April 30, 2010
- Click here to download: Workshop Resources
La Virgen de Guadalupe: Cultural and Educational Significance: For K-12 Educators
December 4th, 2010
No me olvides ("Don't Forget Me") : Including the Latino Experience in Kansas Education.
October 3, 2009